Justin Cooke - Co-founder of Empire Flippers, one of the Worlds largest online business brokers
Feb 7th, 2019 by The Events Podcast
Justin is the co-founder of Empire Flippers…. one of the world biggest online business brokers. He moved to the ‘wild west’ city of Davao, Philippines to start their first office and now have a global remote team with over 50 employees.
Justin is a great example of someone who is not in the events business BUT has consistently used events to GROW his business. He has used residential meet ups to build relationships with customers and team members. He also has a ton of useful info about exhibiting at conferences, and tips both for exhibitors and for conference organizers.
On the interview we discuss:
- The story of how Empire Flippers was founded in Davao, Philippines
- How they built their business as a fully remote team and run ‘in person’ meetups twice a year to get the team working together
- Founding annual ‘Empire Retreats’ - Their meetup’s for clients and team members in a cool villa in Phuket, Thailand. Check out the YouTube video!
- Why they sponsor a lot of conferences and what they look for to get an ROI
- Some tips for conference organizers on how to keep sponsors happy
- Lots of tips for event sponsors including “Why if you go to an event it’s important to be in the right room, at the right parties to meet the right people”....and how to make this happen
This podcast is brought to you by www.eventsframe.com - Effortless ticketing and attendee management with NO ticket fees....Make the switch from Eventbrite today! Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘PODCAST’ for a special discount code.
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and if you did please leave us an iTunes review it really means a lot to us !
More information on Justin can be found on his website https://empireflippers.com/. If you are in the market to buy or sell an online business he is absolutely the person to talk to.