Coran Woodmass - How to get invited to speak at conferences
Mar 14th, 2019 by The Events Podcast
I’ve known Coran for a few years. Along with his wife Leanne they live a fairly nomadic life, but often spend 3-4 months in Prague where we have spent a lot of time together.
It was also an interesting chat from a general business & entrepreneurship stand point following on from my chat with Anton Kraly last week about Drop Shipping as Amazon FBA selling is a different but business model
We also have a great discussion about promoting yourself online including newsletter, YouTube/Facebook/Instagram video strategies to do week in week out, including how Coran repurposes content to all channels and his exact workflow.
In this interview we also discuss:
- How Coran started by networking his way on to podcasts
- How Coran bombed at his first speaking event in Hong Kong…. and this still led to Coran getting a customer!
- How Coran got his first paid speaking arrangement (in Ukraine)
- Corans hack for speaking to attendees after he has presented to maximise his contacts
- The importance of networking with speakers and sponsors at the event
- The reasons why Coran still speaks for free all the time even though he gets paid to speak
If you enjoyed this chat check out two related interviews:
- Anton Kraly who talks about dropshipping as Amazon FBA selling is a different but similar business model
- Corbin Ball who is a sought after speaker on the subject of events and event technology
- If you want more podcasts about about selling your business check out interviews with Steve Monnington and Justin Cooke
This podcast is sponsored by www.eventsframe.com - Effortless ticketing and attendee management with NO ticket fees and plans from just $20/month! Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘PODCAST’ for a special secret discount code.
I hope you enjoyed the podcast and if you did please share the podcast with one person you think will enjoy it. This REALLY helps us.
More information on Coran can be found on https://thefbabroker.com/about